|Description of Project
The Smithsonian Institution has completed an Environmental Assessment for its proposed Comprehensive Facilities Master Plan that analyzes the impact of feasible alternatives, including a no-action alternative. The Master Plan emphasizes improvements to the facility, including the creation of large land areas for exhibit renewal, site-wide improvements to circulation, entry, service access, and parking.
Printed copies are available for review at:
• Office of Public Affairs at the National Zoological Park Visitor Center, 3001 Connecticut Avenue, NW (By appointment, Mon-Fri. Please call 202-633-3079)
• National Capital Planning Commission Library, 401 9th Street, NW, North Lobby, Suite 500 (By appointment, Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please call 202-482-7200)
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library, 9th and G Streets (Mon-Thu 9:30 am - 9:00 pm, Fri-Sat 9:30 am - 5:30 pm, Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
• Cleveland Park Branch Library, 3310 Connecticut Ave. NW (Mon/Wed/Fri 9:30 am - 5:30 pm, T/Th 9:30 am - 9:00 pm, Sunday 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
• Office of Planning and Project Management Library and Resource Room, 600 Maryland Avenue, SW, West Lobby, Suite 5001 (By appointment, Mon-Fri. Please call Harry Rombach or Michelle Spofford at 202-633-6555)