Speaker Series: Planning Law & Order: Legal Issues and Trends in the National Capital Area|
February 27, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
The National Capital Region has long been a leader of innovative planning, despite the various legal frameworks used by its jurisdictions. Join a panel of legal and planning experts as they examine the region's legal authorities, how these authorities shape approaches to planning, and their impacts on achieving shared goals. Attendees will learn how planning laws vary between Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia; the role of federal and regional entities; and how current trends may influence these laws.
CM | 1.5 | Law
The event is free and open to the public.
- Anne Schuyler | General Counsel, National Capital Planning Commission
Presented in partnership with the National Capital Planning Commission
- Peter May | Associate Regional Director for Lands, Planning, and Design National Park Service (National Capital Region) Member-DC Zoning CommissionPresentation
- Jennifer Steingasser | Deputy Director, Development Review & Historic Preservation, DC Office of PlanningPresentation
- David Lieb | Associate General Counsel, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning CommissionPresentation
- Sharon Pandak, Esq. | Partner, Greehan, Taves, Pandak & Stoner, PLLC General Counsel, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, and former County Attorney, Prince William County, Virginia Presentation
and the APA National Capital Area Chapter.